Dark berries, abundant harvest, stable fruiting, easy care - all these qualities belong to the famous variety of sweet cherries, which this article is devoted to. Iput Cherry differs from many others not only in the beauty of the fruit, but also in its unsurpassed taste and a host of other positive qualities. Below is a detailed description of the variety, the method of its cultivation and care.
Description of the variety and characteristics of Iput cherries?
Cultivar Iput is the result of Russian selection. The tree grows up to 4-5 meters in height, so the formation of the crown is mandatory with 2-3 years of plant life. The first flowering and berries can be seen already in the third year of the growth of sweet cherries, and although the harvest will be poor, it is a great opportunity for a gardener to check the taste of the resulting variety and the quality of the berries. Great harvests are harvested no earlier than 5 year tree life.
Crown in Iput cherries wide-pyramidal and very thick
The crown of Iput cherries is wide-pyramidal and very thick, if not thinned, the harvest can be very difficult. The leaves are round, oblong. Color heterogeneous, young leaves are light green, older dark green. The inflorescences, and then the berries, thickly cling to the branches of the tree, so the Iput road yields stably high.
Cherry variety Iput - refers to the medium. The beginning of flowering falls in the middle of May, when severe frosts have already passed, so the yields usually give good. The first berries ripen about a month after flowering, that is, in mid-June, well, most of the berries are harvested towards the end of June. The Iput cherries are frost-resistant, with a timely harvest, there is a high level of transportability.
Berries are heart-shaped, weighing 5 grams each, but out of this mass, 0.3 g weighs a stone. The color of the skin is maroon-brown, very dark when viewed from a long distance, and over-ripe berries become almost black. The pulp is juicy, dense, saturated red color. The taste of berries is excellent, sweet. A small amount of acid makes the taste fresh and not clotted. The aroma is pronounced.
Advantages and disadvantages of the Iput varietyRead also these articles.
- Gloriosa Plant
- How many days does the chicken incubate eggs?
- Hens of breed Adler silvery
- Raspberry Pride of Russia
The advantages of cherries Iput should include the following items.
The yield of an adult tree reaches 15-25 kg, depending on the care
- It is cultivated in the private sector and in large enterprises, that is, universal.
- The yield of an adult tree reaches 15-25 kg, depending on the care.
- Frost-resistant wood minimizes winter care.
- Picking berries is not difficult, especially if you are engaged in the formation of crown and its vacuum.
- Crops Iput cherries gives a stable and large, enough for fresh use, conservation, sale.
- There is resistance to fungal diseases.
Disadvantages, not a lot. What is related to this list?
- Sweet cherry is rarely sick, but when the first signs of the disease appear, it is worth treating it with special means, otherwise the crop may disappear in a matter of days.
- The shelf life of the harvested berries is not long. The density of the fruit is stored no more than 5-10 days in a cool room, then the berry softens and begins to deteriorate gradually. Of course, the more ripe it is, the tastier the children, especially soft berries like it, but in terms of product sales this can cause difficulties. For example, in the market at the height of summer, the berries rot very quickly, without waiting for the buyers.
- To pollinate a tree, another variety of cherries is needed, growing near it. The following varieties can become such companions: Revna, Raditsa, Bryansk Pink, Tyutchevka, Ovstuzhenka.
- Due to excess moisture berries can begin to crack.
What are the features of growing?
Planting a cherry Iput should be just like any other fruit tree in a dug and fertilized pit with fertile land. But there are important points, subject to which the yield and growth of the tree will improve.
In the pit before planting the seedling should lay a drainage
- Planting cherries Iput path should be carried out in sandy or loamy soil.
- Another cherries of another variety should be located near the tree, otherwise the crop is not even 10 years after planting, you can not wait.
- High groundwater is not recommended, otherwise the roots may rot or fungal diseases begin to develop.
- Drainage (pebbles, crushed stone, crushed bricks, etc.) should be laid in the pit before planting the seedling. Due to drainage, even high groundwater levels will not cause significant damage to the roots.
- It is worth planting sweet cherry in the spring in northern regions as in the fall the tree just will not have time to get accustomed. In the middle and southern strip landing always falls in the spring, but only before the start of sap flow!
How to care for Iput cherries?We recommend reading our other articles.
- Grape Variety Sensation
- Carrots Canada F1 - description and characteristics of the variety
- The best meat and egg breeds of chickens
- Early varieties of plums
Proper care is necessary for young and adult cherry trees Iput no less than any other culture.
Trimming is needed every year!
- Watering should be moderate. The first time this is done in the spring, if there was little snow and the natural soil moisture is poor. The second time they water the tree after flowering, for good fruit formation. After harvesting, you can spend the third watering. In the autumn there is quite a lot of rain, so even without moisture it will suffice, but if autumn is dry, without precipitation, then watering is carried out 1-2 more times before the onset of the first frost.
- Trimming is needed every year! But depending on the year, it can be rejuvenating, formative, and so on. Sometimes you just need to cut off all the dry branches, which, one way or another, pull the force of the tree.
- Top dressing bring usually in the spring and in the fall. In spring, the Iput cherries need a mixture of potassium sulfate and urea, in the fall - superphosphate with potassium sulfate. Sometimes in the summer you can feed the tree to increase fructification or to increase resistance after an illness. It is important to use only organic substances during and after flowering, minerals can affect the quality of the berries. Nitrogen mixture is made every 3 years in the ground under the tree.
- Liming is carried out once in 3 years, only the periods of application of fertilizers and liming should not coincide.
- Before winter, the soil around the tree is mulched with a thick layer of any available mulch. Although the best way to feed Iput, cherries is to use peat.